Selacia Council of 12 Message for Apr. 2009: Part II - The Media in the Window of 2012
Humanity in these cosmic moments can choose to take the blinders off and see itself, its history and its past cycles. It can, as a collective, spark a grand shift into higher consciousness that impacts all of life, including life forms beyond the Earth.
That shifting is occurring right now, as you read these words.
You came to participate in this great shift. At the deepest levels of your being, you remember deciding to be here for this.
You came to watch the shift unfold, too, and not as a bystander. Your watching is meant to be active, participatory, intuitively intelligent, and visionary.
You came to observe your world in a brand new way, from the perspective of an active co-creator.
You came to see countless unworkable societal structures fall away, and to be instrumental in helping to create a more enlightened world.
If this seems like much more than you signed up for, consider that you indeed have the resources to pull this off. Remember that you are a Divine Changemaker, and you have been around the block before. You may describe yourself as a lightworker, but you are no lightweight.
When you look in the mirror, you see a human, yet that body is merely the temporary housing for your eternal spirit. Your spiritual self knows that the 2012 window involves a quantum spiritual leap. This part of you, speaking through your own higher wisdom, can help you to navigate the choppy waters and make sense of these times.
Guidelines for Discernment
How do you apply discernment to the plethora of information about 2012?
How do you see through all the hype to discover what's genuine and true for you?
How do you tell when a piece of information is merely someone's attempt at profit mongering?
How do you know if something is merely a rumor, repeated so many times on the Internet that large numbers of people believe it?
Being able to answer these types of questions will help you to stay sane during these times of great change.
The following are some guidelines for sensible information gathering. They can be applied in general, as well as to your discovery of truth about 2012 reports.
1. Invite your higher wisdom to bring to your attention the information that will help you to understand the great shift happening on your planet. Ask to be guided to media resources and teachers you can respect and trust. Ask to be steered away from fear-based propaganda and media messages with a control agenda. After asking, pay attention to dreams, to people sent your way, and to messages you are drawn to in the media. These could be books, messages in social media, postings on the Internet, films, and gatherings of people interested in evolving consciousness.
2. Regularly question what you take in with your senses, not out of fear but out of a sincere desire to discover truth. Don't assume that because a trusted leader or teacher is saying something that they have all the facts. Realize that within many of the media's messages are subliminal triggers that can stir fear and fear-based belief systems in your DNA.
3. Remember that the Earth is a place of opposites, and not everyone will see something the same way you do. These people are not your enemy, and their ideas are not something you need to fight. Stay centered in your own truth.
4. Be alert to information saying the future is set in stone. No one knows exactly what will happen to you or to the planet on a given date. There may be indications of future happenings based on past patterns and current actions, yet your future is something you create moment by moment as you make new choices. The future is so fluid, in fact, that you can redirect your destiny with decisions made even in the final days of a great shift cycle.
5. Become mindful of the company you keep. When possible, invite the company of those who have an optimistic vision of what's possible. Spend time with people who are actively working to create positive changes in their lives. If people begin complaining and going into worry mode, remember that you have a choice about whether you chime in. You can decide, in each moment, how you respond to your outer world. Complaining and worrying set you in a spiral of downward negative energy. This will deplete your life force, dampen your creativity, and block your real passion for being alive in these times.
6. Make spirit more of a priority in your life during this pivotal cycle. There is no time like right now to begin making spirit more real, more tangible, and more integrated within your human expression. Spirit is not separate from you. It is the source of your wisdom. Be open to new ways to connect more to the energy of spirit that is always within you. Allow this Divine force to show you the way out of the chaos and into the light. Invite spirit to help you answer questions such as the following when you want clarity about the shift and 2012.
7. Who. Ask who is saying what you are hearing or reading. Who is the source? What do you know about this person? Do you intuitively feel a sense of respect when you think of this person? Another part of "who" is you-what part of you is listening, caring, judging, or responding? Consider your role as you receive the information. What state of mind are you in as you receive the news?
8. What. Ask what the message you're receiving is really about. Go under appearances and under the surface content. Dive deeper to discern what the film or author or speaker wants to convey. Do the facts seem to have any substance? Does the information appear to be fear-based or with an agenda of control? As you take in the information, notice if any relevant data is excluded. Is the message warning you that you have no way out? Does the information seem punitive? Is the focus of the information on helping others? Does the message feel like it's coming from the heart?
9. When. Consider when the message is disseminated. Consider why the source would say this right then. Question any underlying agenda at play. Look at the timing of the message and how the source could possibly know what they are saying. If it's a prediction, remember that a prediction is only one possible outcome based on current energies. If this outcome is similar to one that has happened in humanity's past, there is still no guarantee it will be repeated now. Do your own investigations into past cycles of history to better understand what happened in the past. For greatest clarity, you will want to find a number of different types of sources for this history. Be mindful that many times historical accounts are speculation, yet when repeated enough times over mass media circuits, they can seem to be very real. Spotting this kind of misinformation will take some training and practice. As always, remember to invite spirit and your heart's wisdom into your process.
10. Where. Consider where the information is coming from. A government with a history of hiding information may not be revealing the whole story. Likewise, an organization known for radical religious views may well have an agenda when it comes to 2012. Read Internet postings with care, remembering that even spiritual-related websites can include incomplete, inaccurate, or biased information. Consider getting at least some of your news from outside traditional sources. For example, Americans can monitor news about the U.S. coming from media in Europe and elsewhere. Citizens of all countries can consider looking to nontraditional sources of news, including the Internet. Regardless of where you look to be informed, remember to look under what is presented. You can be discerning without becoming cynical and jaded.
11. Why. Ask why the information is important. Does the communication fully address the "why" in your view? Does anything seem missing, and if so, what? As you take in the information, is a part of you suspicious about the motives or hidden agenda of the author? Allow your intuitively guided reason to show you what to be alert to.
12. How. Consider how the information is presented. If it's a TV talk show interview, does the host seem to have a fear-based bias? If it's a press conference, does the spokesperson invite questions or simply disseminate a prepared statement? Do you wonder, after receiving the information, what was left out? How does the information make you feel? Check in with your heart. Invite your heart to show you what to pay attention to, what's really important, and how you can most appropriately follow up on the information.
As you continue the journey of rediscovering your Divine nature, we surround you with our love and blessings. We are The Council of 12.
Copyright 2009 by Selacia * All Rights Reserved